Enter at Your Own Risk

Welcome to this blog. I am known as Aristaria Lisvacor but let's stick with Aris. Most thoughts, whether carefully put into the order of events in which they came or just written haywire everywhere, will be put on this blog. Comments on those thoughts would be greatly appreciated and I do have copyrights. Now, into the mind of the writer you go. ~Aris~

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dwelling Deeper

     So far, I haven't talked about what sort of genres I prefer writing. The main genre I write in is, of course, fantasy. I've alway been fascinated by the different mythical creatures, kingdoms, wars, and such which leads to the time era. The Medieval Ages is what I am completely and utterly obsessed with. I'm pretty sure you've read at least a few stories about knights, dragons, and damsels in distress. Well, I don't write those kind. I'm into a more "realistic" Medieval fantasy story that hosts councils, wars, mysterious magical objects, and a variety of races and mythical creatures. It's not always as easy writing one as it is to pick up a fantasy book and read it. Writing some days is a breeze while on others it's quite a chore.
     To be honest, when writing, I don't usually plan the story out. I write for a few hours about a random string of events then read back through it filling in any gaps and connecting all the dots. In the end, it's a pretty good story. When I'm already working on a group of stories and I have a dream that gives me an idea for another, I write down the summary of the dream on wordpad then go back to it once I've finished the current group of stories.
     Some people can't read more than one book at a time without getting the events in one book confused with the ones in the other book's. I'm one of the ones who can read a ridiculous amount of books at one time without getting anything mixed up. That helps when it comes to my writing as well because sometimes I get bored of working on one story so I go to the next before continuing on or switching back. Regardless, it's still good to buckle down and work on a single story until it is completely finished.

~Aris~

No comments:

Post a Comment