Enter at Your Own Risk

Welcome to this blog. I am known as Aristaria Lisvacor but let's stick with Aris. Most thoughts, whether carefully put into the order of events in which they came or just written haywire everywhere, will be put on this blog. Comments on those thoughts would be greatly appreciated and I do have copyrights. Now, into the mind of the writer you go. ~Aris~

Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Little Stressed?

     Do you ever get stressed while writing? Even though you have everything planned out perfectly and have the urge to write, do you feel your temper rising with every word you type? It has been happening to me quite often. In fact, it is happening to me right now as I continue writing the Amulet Series. When this sort of thing happens, I suggest: stop writing and a) pick up a sketchbook and doodle, b) read a book, c) watch a movie, d) go for a short walk to clear your head, or e) simply drop everything, sit back in your chair, close your eyes, and relax for a few minutes. The more stressed you get while writing, the less you can write and the more you want to bang your head on the keyboard. I don't suggest banging your head on anything. Your head holds precious ideas but you shouldn't stress out while trying to put them into the material world. So, take it easy. Write slowly and don't be too hard on yourself about deadlines.

~Aris~

1 comment:

  1. Going for a walk is best I think, if you have the time. It clears the head and provide fresh stimulation. Failing that a cup of tea works for me. And stretching and yelling when I cannot think of the just right desription.

    I'm not sure about watching a film, unless you don't mind giving up for the rest of the day. Because a film will lead your mind elsewhere - and is most likely a passive watching experience. Whereas a walk can be an active thinking time.

    My blog about writing my own book is here www.blackwatertown.wordpress.com

    Cheers
    BWT / Paul

    ReplyDelete