Enter at Your Own Risk

Welcome to this blog. I am known as Aristaria Lisvacor but let's stick with Aris. Most thoughts, whether carefully put into the order of events in which they came or just written haywire everywhere, will be put on this blog. Comments on those thoughts would be greatly appreciated and I do have copyrights. Now, into the mind of the writer you go. ~Aris~

Monday, February 28, 2011

Today's Rant: Magical Abilities

At some point in time you've wished you had magical powers. Admit it. We all have. But if you were granted just one, what would it be? I, myself, would choose the ability to heal. Now I know what you're thinking: Heal? What a worthless power. And I agree, it doesn't sound all that impressive, but let me explain the extent to what I describe as healing magic. First off, by the ability to heal I don't mean Wolverine's power to regenerate. I mean the actual ability to heal myself and others, being able to cure any injury, poison, or disease. Second, my healing power would be strong enough to keep my body healthy forever and even fend off death. Thus making me immortal and allowing me the ability to revive others. Doesn't sound so worthless anymore, now does it?
But an even more important question than what power you would choose would be what would you use it for? Would you use it to do good? To do Evil? Or just do whatever sounded best at the time? I always like to envision myself as an elder demon lord, yet I would use my powers for good, which leads us to another option. Would you use your power to be both demon and angel, such as humanity does?

Angelic Demon

I am the fires of hatred

And the feathers of love,

But I am bound to no one

And don’t serve the likes above.


When someone seeks out vengeance

Or looks to do something right,

I become the martyr

Who gets tossed into the fight.


I am caring and ruthless,

Saving lives and digging graves.

I judge nobody on anything

Besides how they behave.


When I find a shadow

With more hate inside than me,

I stare upon his corpse

Without sorrow or pity.


I am kind and thoughtful,

Yet still human at heart.

I can cause mass destruction

When my world falls apart.


When society’s perfect

Then I may go away,

But the flames spread through compassion

Seem content to stay.


I possess heaven’s halos

And wear the horns of hell.

I am an angelic demon,

Vindication is what I sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment